It can look intimidating at first, but as you gain skills and confidence you'll find it's a fun and convenient way to get around. Lots of people are getting into biking, so you'll have lots of company.
- Some suggestions:
- take a Pedal Ready course
- sign up for one of the Wellington City Council free bike tours
- check out Cycle Wellington on FB and twitter for tips, events, and discussion
- join Cycle Wellington to help make biking better in Wellington
- if you want your bike checked, visit the free mechanical workshop BikeSpace by Te Papa
- check out books like Everyday cycling in Aotearoa New Zeaalnd
- loads more advice at BikeThere.
There's a new 'zine, Wheels and Whims out this week, "A wahine's journey through Wellington's bike culture" Look for it in bike shops and cafes.
Let us know how you get on.
Do you like this page?